Monday, October 02, 2006






More photos!

Yesterday Joanna (another volunteer and training buddy) and I combined forces and took all the kids in our family out to the local pool for the day. Definitely felt good to be finally be taking the initiative for once. And the kids had a blast. We played some solid games of keep away, tag (mika!) and sharks and minnows, gave some relatively unsuccessful swim lessons and just hung out. One of the hardest things for me here has been feeling so incredibly dependant on my host family and PC. They are awesome and definitely would never complain, but I have all these elaborate food preperation regulations, plenty of dirty laundry (which I am finally trusted to wash on my own. thankfully) and they definitely have better things to do. Ah well. So it goes right? One of those initiation processes: spend two months as the incompetant, highly inarticulate, (but loveable!) guest and I´ll be ready to rock as a volunteer. Right =)

No comments: